California Certified Appellate Specialist in Tustin
Uniquely Qualified to Handle Appeals
In order to be identified as a "certified" specialist in appellate law California, an attorney must be certified either by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
California attorneys certified as specialists must pass a written examination in their specialty field, demonstrate a high level of experience in the specialty field, fulfill ongoing education requirements and be favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with their work.
To be eligible for certification, an attorney must:
- Have been engaged in the practice of law in the area in which certification is sought for a minimum of 25 percent of the time the attorney has spent in occupational endeavors during the previous five years
- Be an active member of the State Bar of California
- Pass a written exam
- Demonstrate a high level of experience in the specialty field by meeting specific task and experience requirements
- Complete at least 45 hours of continuing education in the specialty field
- Be favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with the attorney's work